WHO MAY PARTICIPATE ?
All clubs, members of a WR affiliated national association, may participate in the Paris World Games. For the countries where rugby can be taught in the school system, we also allow teams affiliated to their school sports associations.
All players must be insured both for games and leisure time.
RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT
The tournament is played under all applicable WR or French Rugby Federation rules. The specific rules of the tournament are to be found in our website in the Official Rules tab. The games are played with official referees from various countries.
DATES AND NUMBER OF GAMES
A win earns 3 points, a draw 1 point and a defeat 0 point.
In case of an 8-team competition, there will be 2 groups of 4 teams each, a game against each team of the group and a ranking at the end.
In case of a 10-team competition, there will be 2 groups of 5 teams, a game against each team of the group and a ranking as follows:
- CUP games for the teams ranked from 1st to 4th,
- Direct ½ PLATE for teams ranked from 5th to 6th,
- ¼ PLATE for teams ranked from 7th to 10th,
- Finale games
In case of a 12-team competition, there will be 3 groups of 4 teams, a game against each team of the group and a ranking as follows:
- ¼ CUP for teams ranked from 1st to 8th,
- ½ BOWL for teams ranked from 9th to 12th,
- ½ PLATE for losers of the ¼ CUP,
- Finale games
Teams will play between 4 and 6 games during the competition (depending on the number of teams)
DURATION OF GAMES
GROUP & PLAY-OFF GAMES
U18/Open: 2 x 7 min
U18/Open: 2 x 10 min
NUMBER OF PLAYERS
There is no limitation as to the number of players in each team. You may note that no more than 75 substitutes can participate in a game. Each player must be able to prove his age and identity. It is recommended that all players use the same shirt number for all games.
NUMBER OF TEAMS IN THE TOURNAMENT
The Paris World Games organization cannot accept every registration applications. The teams paying first the registration fees, will thus have priority. A club may register a maximum of 2 teams in the same group of age.
Dispensations only will be granted in the Girls categories. Teams will be able to participate with 2 girls one year older.
Girls can play in Boys categories until U15.
Each player will receive a prize. For winners, the Paris World Games Trophy will be awarded (gold medals). For runner-ups and teams reaching the semi-finals, a trophy will also be awarded (silver and bronze medals).
All our offers of accomodation include :
- 6 nights of accomodation from July 7 to 13.
- 18 meals from dinner on July 7 until lunch on July 13.
- Free unlimited access to public transportation in Paris.
- Access offered by Paris City Council to most of Paris monuments.
- The individual participation to the tournament.
ACCOMODATION IN HOTEL *
– Triple room (double and single beds) – 350€ per person
ACCOMODATION IN YOUTH HOSTELS
– Single room, double room or dormitory – 425€ per person
ACCOMODATION IN HOTELS
– Single, double or triple room
– 450€ per person in ** Hotels.
– 550€ per person in *** Hotels.
– 750€ per person in **** Hotels.
ALTERNATIVE ACCOMODATION (Only for Parisians)
GENERAL RULES FOR ACCOMMODATION
On all accomodations :
- one adult every 12 children must be with the group. 4 adults maximum are accepted in the same accomodation as the children in the gymnasiums or youth hostels.
- Alcohol and cigarette are forbiden on the playing fields and the accomodations.
- the accomodations must be silent between 10 pm and 8 am. The adults must ensure that this point is respected. There must be a minimum of one adult with the team at night time in the accomodations.
Teams wishing to book additional nights may benefit from this option. This possibility is limited to a maximum of 2 days before and after the tournament. The price of one extra night is 40 € in Category G, 50 € in Category Y. The price of an extra night in Category H varies from each Hotel. Contact email@example.com for more info. Please note that these prices does not include any meal.
CHANGE OF ACCOMMODATION
The organization reserves the right to transfer a team to another gymnasium at all time. As indicated in the rules, the head of delegation is responsible for his/her players and staff behavior. It is compulsory to read the Terms & Conditions of the accommodation.
The breakfast is served on the place of accomodation of the teams.
– University restaurant La Halle aux Farines
– Cité Universitaire
– University restaurant Bichat
Public transportation (bus, metro and tramway) within Paris is included for the participants during the tournament. This offer is valid from the arrival of the teams to their accomodation on July 7 until the end of July 13.
Participants may benefit from discounts on transfers between the airport and their accommodation. You can reach the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org on that subject. You may note that transfers included in that offers are those to and from Orly and Charles de Gaulle Airports.
Families, fans or visitors are welcome to the Paris World Games. We can help them plan their stay and book a hotel in Paris during the tournament. To benefit from this service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
INSURANCES AND RESPONSIBILITY
You must make sure that all players are insured both on and off the football field. The Paris World Games does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property. Participants from countries with no agreement with France (such as European Health Insurance Card) must have personal insurance. The organization advises you not to let unattended valuables and money. That is especially true in gymnasiums, dressing rooms and near the playing fields.
All payments need to be done to the Paris World Games bank account:
Payments in EURO :HSBC, France.
IBAN code FR76 3005 6009 3509 3500 0786 818
BIC/SWIFT : CCFRFRPP
Note that all bank transaction fees have to be paid for by the teams. Please observe that we do not accept any personal or company cheques.
October 15th: Registration and payments begin.
April 10th: Last day for registration and payments.